Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hawt Hair vol. 2 - Hair Fair 2009

OMG! It's my favorite time of year in SL because the Hair Fair has started. I absolutely hate trying to get into the fair because it seems impossible but once I get inside I feel like I'm in hair heaven. It took me about 6 hours over the course of 3 days to visit all the stores. I won't even begin to speculate about how much I spent, but I bought a lot of hair.... smh.

In case you are not familiar with the Hair Fair or are tempted not to participate, here's a little information that will hopefully change your mind. The Hair Fair is a 2-week event that congregates all things related to Hair in Second Life. The Fair spreads over an area of more than 2 million square feet, has a Candy Land theme, and its goal is to raise money for Locks of Love .

Locks of Love is an awesome charity because it helps millions of kids who are deprived of one of the marks of normality – having hair. Specifically, Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis.

This year's goal is to raise $12,000 for the charity. If you love hair in SL, you can't miss this event.

My previous blog entry features a few of my favorites from the fair and here are a few more (in no particular order).


Moon from Maitreya:





Madamoiselle from Vanity Hair:





Dog Roses from lamb:



Cake from Magika:









There are hundreds of beautiful styles to choose from but I was most impressed by the offerings from Maitreya, Magika, Lamb, and Booperfunk (I love those fros). So go out and support Locks of Love and get yourself some fabulous hair. The fair ends on July 4. As you prepare to visit, consider wearing as few prims as possible... that means going bald, removing attachments, and taking your shoes off. Lag is a beast... please do your part to tame it!!!
These links should take you to the Hair Fair:
For more info on Locks of Love, please visit http://www.locksoflove.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment