Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Public Service Announcement

Alright ladies today’s message is a little overdue. However, let’s go there anyway, SL is a place to be creative and as cute as you want to be. That being said, I don’t understand the inspect blocker phenomenon at all. In fact, I find the concept to be obnoxious and somewhat neurotic. If you are going to contribute to lag, why not do it with fabulous hair or bling if that’s your thing. Wear whatever but turn the darned inspect blockers off.

Why you ask? Well for starters, being unique is possible, but it’s hard especially considering the fact people don’t stop selling an item because you bought it. Let’s face it most things are available in abundance in SL because the creator’s are trying to earn money. Why stifle someone else’s growth with YOUR vanity?

More than that, let’s face it… anyone who has been in SL more than 6 months can pretty much tell where you bought something and are probably clicking to see if they are right. Just like you, we shop at Bijou, Armidi, Mirai, Boudica’s, Indyra’s Originals, and ETD. I hate to let you know this but nobody wants to be like you, the clicker is probably at their group limit or their messages capped and they failed to get the memo that new releases are available. I’m not hating at all… I’m just saying… I’ve never once looked at another avatar and said ooh I want to be just like her… smh.

You may also want to know that the little gadgets are not perfect. Case in point I was in a club recently and encountered several of you with cute hair so I clicked… smh at the blocker and clicked again… then once more… BINGO… your hair was from Mirai as I suspected and your blocker friends got theirs from KIN… Three clicks is a little more work than I wanted to do… but well worth it because my strategy worked the first time on the others. While, I’m a novice at beating the blocker, I know people who are pros. Hell, I know people who can tell me where you bought something with a snapshot… Sorry, but I don't think you can block those.

The point is simply this, why even bother to waste money like that when people who really want something will get it anyway… while you know nothing about it. I’ve learned that the best way to find something in SL is to ask groups and creators. Fashion group members are likely to share because people share with them and creators will tell you where they got accessories and hair because you are a customer and they value their business.

I fancy myself to have a pretty stylish avi and I have no problem sharing info with others who happen to like something I’ve found. More importantly, I don’t even care if you click on my hair and clothes to inspect for the creator. All I ask is that you leave me some space when you click. :P My creativity lies in the fact that I rarely wear any outfit as it is packaged by the creator…

I know that I’m not the only one who is annoyed by this concept. I also know that I am not the only one who wonders just how much inspecting those ladies who use the blockers do on the sly… lol. Ok I’m done. Shout outs to all the ladies who allow for others to freely inspect. I salute you and thank you on behalf of the talented designers who are on SL to sell their products. Be blessed and don’t forget to check out the new releases at KIN and Mirai if you haven’t done so already. ROFL

No comments:

Post a Comment